If you cannot find the specific information you are looking for or if you want more in-depth information, you can contact us via email@example.com
- General information: What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a small text file generated by a website when you visit it, in order to store session data which can be used by the website in future. This information lets the website update what you see, and can also be used to analyse how you interact with the site.
Cookies store the information used by the browser, the information entered by the user via the browser, and information included in page requests.
Cookies cannot run code and cannot be used to access the content of the user’s computer.
Some cookies are essential for a website to function properly, and they cannot contain viruses or damage your device. Others are used for various purposes, such as helping navigate between pages, storing the user’s preferred language, letting a website remember users’ preferences, or detecting whether they have visited before.
Cookies are now essential to the smooth running of the internet, with many advantages when providing interactive services, making websites easier to navigate and use. Activated cookies help identify and resolve problems.
- What type of cookies are used on the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona website?
Depending on their origin, the cookies used can be classified as:
- Own cookies: sent to your computer and managed exclusively by us to keep the Intranet running smoothly. The information gathered is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- Third-party cookies: cookies left by a server on another domain, with the authorisation of the site you are visiting (for example, if you click a social network’s share button, or watch videos hosted on a different website). We cannot access the data of cookies from other websites when you are browsing those sites.
More specifically, when using the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona website, the following types of cookies may be installed on users’ devices:
|COOKIES AND ANALYTIC TECHNOLOGIES||AiM|
|Google Analytics||These cookies collect data about the usage of our website, that we later use for reporting and improve our sites. This information is recollected anonymously by the cookies, includes number of visits, where the visit comes rom, and the pages the user may visit.|
|Google Tag Manager||These cookies are used for the correct employpment of Google Tag manager. This tag manager does not collect information that can ID the user, but manages other tags that may collect other data. In that case, the tag will be specified in this same document (like the Google Analytics cookies).|
|Cookies message||This cookie is employed to deactivate the Cookies Message after acceptance.|
3. Can users block or delete cookies?
Users can allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on their system by configuring the options of their web browsers. If you block them, this may mean that certain activities which require cookies will not be available to you.
The links below lead to information on how to set your preferences in the most commonly used browsers: