Research lines of High Blood Pressure
Reading time: 1 min
- Protective effects of the Mediterranean diet in the prevention of chronic degenerative diseases (cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative diseases and cancer).
- Effects of the moderate consumption of wine and beer on cardiovascular health.
- Effects of other foods in cardiovascular health: olive oil, nuts, cocoa, tomatoes and others.
- Pathophysiology of arterial hypertension: mechanisms involved in increased blood pressure.
- Complete evaluation of hypertensive patients: study of the morphology and physical properties of arteries.
- Treatment of hypertension: strategies for implementing lifestyle changes, combination drug therapy (polypills), interventional therapy (baroreceptor stimulation, renal denervation).
- Vascular risk factors associated with hypertension: study into the impact of the relationship between high blood pressure and diabetes, dyslipidaemia (high levels of lipids: cholesterol, triglycerides or both) and tobacco.
- Pathophysiology of heart failure: study of the mechanisms of heart failure development in patients with high cardiovascular risk, as well as the mechanisms that influence the prognosis for their evolution.
- Pathophysiology of ageing: study of the mechanisms involved in vascular ageing and associated with an increase in blood pressure.
- Thromboembolic disease: prevention, diagnosis and treatment of patients with venous thromboembolism.
Substantiated information by:
Antonio Coca, Medical Internist — Internal Medicine Department. Dolors Estrada, Nurse — Internal Medicine Department.
We are sorry, we are working to improve your experience. Help us become better, tell us why
Thanks for your help!
An error has occurred and we were unable to send your opinion, please try again later.
Receive the latest updates related to this content.
Thank you for subscribing!
We have received your information. Check your inbox, in a few moments you will receive a confirmation email.
An error occurred and we were unable to send your data, please try again later.